|These homemade Mac N Cheese bites are my new favorite appetizer! My mother in law made them for us on Thanksgiving and I fell in love with their bitesized goodness. With my new Love Cooking Company mini muffin pan, I decided to try them out and they were a raving hit at my Christmas party!|
- 2½ cups elbow macaroni (or 1 8 oz. box)
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook pasta according to packaged directions and set aside.
- In a medium size pan combine butter and flour over medium heat. Whisk until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Slowly add milk and bring to a simmer. Add 1½ cups of the cheese, cream cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until smooth and creamy. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, carefully stir pasta, cheese sauce, and egg until evenly mixed and pasta is evenly coated.
- Spoon mac and cheese into mini muffin tins (a rounded tablespoon works perfectly!) and top each with a small pinch of remaining cheese. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before gently removing the bites. They slip out very easily with a spoon!
Adapted from a recipe I found on Chef in Training.